Hey, it’s Tipsy Tuesday! Today I’m giving you my Top Five Kitchen Tips that I use in my kitchen regularly. Not top five as in best tips ever. Just the first five to pop into my little brain.
1. Have you ever had the salt clump up in the shaker when moisture gets in it from your steamy kitchen? Place about a tablespoon of uncooked rice in your salt shaker to keep the salt flowing freely.
2. Are you a messy exuberant cook? Cover your recipe page with plastic wrap or place your recipe card in a sandwich baggie to protect it while in use. You can see how my favorite cookbook suffered over the years before I learned this simple trick.
3. Do you hate having smelly fingers for days after chopping up onions or garlic? Rub a stainless steel spoon over your hands while washing them with soap and water to get rid of the smell. Yeah, a knife or fork would work also, but may be a little painful. Smart aleck.
4. Odors coming from your garbage disposal? Try tossing some ice and baking soda together and running through the disposal. Follow up with orange (or any citrus) peels for a fresh smell.
5. Short on space for a towel bar? I used a 22-inch long drawer pull at the end of our kitchen cabinet for a great low profile towel bar. It only sticks out about 1 1/2 inches, so it doesn’t interfere with traffic flow like a regular towel bar would. (I don’t bruise a hip walking by.)
And that’s it, folks, my top five kitchen tips- I just know you are blown away. Which of these do you already use? What is your favorite tip or trick to use in the kitchen? Do tell!