Cooking in a camper with 6 inches of countertop is no fun! Remember the one-pot Hamburger Soup recipe I shared last time? Well, in keeping with the one pot cooking theme, I’m sharing my favorite cookie recipe- Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. No bake, one pot, quick and easy.
Making these no bake cookies always reminds me of my mom, who loved chocolate as much as I do. These cookies are really more like peanut butter fudge, with a little oatmeal thrown in- you know, for extra health benefits. Oh, and this is easily gluten-free, using Bob’s Gluten Free Oats (affiliate link).
I have heard these cookies also called Cow Patties- can’t imagine why…. I think I like my name for them better.
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter
- 2- 3 T. cocoa
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 2 1/2 c. uncooked oats
- 1 t. vanilla
- Dash salt
- In saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
- Bring mixture to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute after butter melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper to cool.
- Use either 1-Minute oats or, for a chewier texture, regular oats.
Do you have a favorite recipe that always reminds you of home?
No longer getting Plum Doodles updates? Try our new subscription service: