Many of you know that I’ve had to adopt a gluten free diet in order to avoid daily migraines. However, I’m not celiac, so I don’t need to be super careful about gluten contamination. Please check all labels according to your level of sensitivity.
3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 to 1/2 onion, sliced
3 oz (1/2 pkg) pepperoni- Hormel is gluten free
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 to 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and add chicken breasts. Top with sliced onion and pepperoni. Pepperoni is also my secret ingredient in lasagna.
Top with your favorite gluten free spaghetti sauce (home made would be best, of course). Sprinkle generously with grated parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 40 minutes. Top with mozzarella and return to oven for 20- 30 minutes.
Now for the noodle debate. We don’t really like the taste of brown rice pasta. Quinoa pasta tastes great, but it is expensive. So, I decided to try rice sticks this time.
Rice sticks are so easy to prepare. Just boil some water, remove from heat, and submerge the sticks in the water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
Serve chicken and sauce over prepared rice noodles. Yum!
- 3- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 oz pepperoni (1/2 pkg.)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (2 cups homemade sauce)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Layer chicken, pepperoni, and onion.
- Spread sauce over top. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 40 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake for 20- 30 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- Hormel pepperoni
- Maifun rice sticks
- Gluten free sauces (or homemade)
- *Be sure to check labels since ingredients can change.
Garlic bread would have been perfect with this Gluten Free Baked Chicken Italiano. I’ve tried a couple of gluten free bread recipes in my bread machine, but they’ve been very heavy and I didn’t really like the flavor. Anyone have a recipe they’d like to share?
No longer getting Plum Doodles updates? Try our new subscription service: