I recently experimented with a variety of cereals to come up with a gluten free version of the brittle candy made with saltine crackers. It actually came out pretty delicious, if I say so myself. Using just three ingredients, this Easy Cinnamon Brittle Candy Recipe can also be modified to suit your particular flavor preference.
To make, spread 3 1/2 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
Place 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter in non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
Boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes after butter melts.
Drizzle over cereal and work quickly to spread as evenly as possible.
Place in 400 degree oven for 6 minutes. Remove from oven.
After candy has cooled completely, break into chunks and store in airtight container. If you can resist eating it all in one sitting.
For additional yummy flavor variations, check out the printable recipe card below.
(Got a chocolate craving? Try my one pot No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.)
Print the recipe here:
- 3 1/2 c. Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cereal in single layer on cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Place brown sugar and butter in saucepan over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes after butter melts.
- Drizzle over cereal. Work quickly to spread as evenly as possible.
- Place in oven for 6 minutes; remove.
- After candy has cooled completely, break into chunks and store in airtight container.
- Salted Caramel: Use toasted oat cereal. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt immediately after removing from oven.
- Chocolate: Use Chocolate Chex or Rice Chex. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips immediately after removing from oven. Carefully spread chips after they soften.