A group of blogging friends and I are craving Mexican food today, so we decided to create a fiesta of recipes. I am sharing my Bite Size Chicken Taco Appetizers recipe. My friends are bringing you the rest of the meal, so be sure to click on the links at the end of the post for more great Mexican recipes.
Filling for Bite Size Chicken Taco Appetizers
I baked 7 chicken tenderloins at 350°F for about 20 minutes. Let cool, then finely dice. Toss with Ranch dressing, lime juice, and chili powder.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry, use a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery.
Assemble and Bake the Chicken Taco Bites
Place Tostitos® Scoops on a baking sheet and partially fill with chicken, pimiento, and cheese. Leave room for the toppings to come.
Bake until hot and cheese is melted.
Serve these yummy bite size chicken taco appetizers with salsa and sour cream. Guacamole would be awesome, too.
This recipe will make about 6 dozen appetizers.
- 3 c. cooked chicken, finely diced
- 1/3 c. ranch dressing
- 1 t. fresh lime juice
- 1 t. chili powder
- 4-oz jar diced pimiento
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 6 dozen Tostitos® Scoops (about 1/2 of 14.5 oz bag)
- Salsa and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss chicken with ranch dressing, lime juice, and chili powder.
- Place Scoops on baking sheets.
- Add about 1/2 t. chicken to each Scoop. Top with 1/4 t. pimiento and 1 t. cheese.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- These appetizers taste great even without the salsa and sour cream, so you could add more chicken to each Scoop if not using the toppings.
And now that your taste buds are warmed up, let’s dive into the rest of the meal.
[inlinkz_linkup id=619668 mode=1]
Ah, now time for a siesta.
Comment below with your vote- spicy or wimpy? 😉